Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Helen Azar's latest Romanov tome: Grand Duchess Maria's 1913 Diary

I have not yet read Helen Azar's newest Romanov b 1913 Diary of Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna: Complete Tercentennial Journal of the Third Daughter of the Last Tsar, but I do not doubt its scholarship. Azar is fluent in Russian, and does her own translations. I hope to review the book soon -- after I get a copy -- but I have to finish reading and reviewing three other new royal books before starting on this one.

You can order a copy by clicking on one of these links.  The first is for the US and the second is for the UK.   I am not ashamed to say that if you use these links or order anything from Amazon or Amazon.co.uk using my search boxes, I will make a few pennies.  Really - just a few pennies. 







1 comment:

  1. I've read a book composed of entries from Grand Duchess Olga's diary, and it was pretty dismal. Olga comes across as not just a typical ego-centric teenager, but a little bit ditzy as well. Or perhaps that's just another symptom of adolescence. I'd love to read someone's analysis of Maria's story.

    ReplyDelete